Help OCJCR Take Action
Orange County Jewish Coalition for Refugees is participating in HIAS’ Welcome to Congress campaign. Click here join us in sending a “Welcome Card” to your member of Congress, asking them to prioritize the rights of refugees. When asked to select your congregation, please choose OCJCR. If your synagogue is also participating, you can choose to sign their letter as well by filling out the form a second time and selecting them.
SHOW UP VIRTUALLY
- Join the OCJCR Facebook Group for the most current updates and initiatives happening locally
- Like the OCJCR Facebook page
- Sign up for one or more Refugee Shabbat Events, happening March 5-7 and 26, 2021. Details are on our Events Calendar
- View may other ways to show up virtually on the HIAS Take Action page.
- Fill out our volunteer interest form to let us know how you would like to become involved.
- Become part of a Home for Refugees (HFR) Home Team to help resettle refugees in Orange County. HFR is one of our local partner organizations. Contact Jeanne Stokols
- Volunteer for short-term (1-3 days) home hospitality to provide transitional housing to an asylum seeker. Contact Jackie Menter
- View all current HIAS volunteer opportunities (all remote, due to COVID-19) on the HIAS Volunteer Page.
- Lawyers are needed for a variety of pro-bono projects, representing asylum seekers including at the U.S./Mexico border. Learn more and submit your interest.
- Spanish-speaking individuals can volunteer remotely to support HIAS’ Border Response Team in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, providing services to asylum seekers. Find out more and sign up here.
- Visit the OCJCR Events Calendar to find out about upcoming OCJCR member and partner educational programs and activities
- The HIAS Events Page has many online programs to learn about refugees around the world.
- Listen to recent HIAS webinars to learn about how HIAS is taking action for refugees in the U.S. and around the world at this unprecedented time and what you can do to help.
- Join the HIAS Book and Film Club. Information can be found on the HIAS@Home page
- Use this time to learn more about the worldwide refugee crisis with HIAS’ General Education Resources.
ORGANIZE YOUR COMMUNITY ONLINE
- Encourage your synagogue to join the HIAS Welcome Campaign.
- Donate to support OCJCR’s work with refugees and asylum seekers.
*To discuss ways to be involved with our work, contact Jackie Menter, Project Director of the Orange County Jewish Coalition for Refugees, who can support you and provide resources.